Zglr Family

Zglr Family

Monday, January 16, 2012

Wesley Maurice







Well we did it!!!  Wesley was born 12-12-11!  He is beautiful / Handsome and wonderful!  He was 8 pounds 14 ounces and 21 inches long.  He was born in Pocatello with the nurse midwives.  They are the rockin best!  
(the birth story)
I am strep B positive so in order to make sure we had the medicine long enough Julian and I hung out in the delivery room long before I would have normally.  I hate being in there and being monitored all of the time.  So I got my meds and then we had to hang out and wait three hours for the midwife to come and break my water.  (that way the medicine has time to take effect.)  She came in and said ok lets have a baby.  Broke the water and 20 min later the contractions started.  I labored in the bathroom holding onto the hand rails and Julian rubbed my low back.  Then he started to come. So I hollered for her to come and she got some cool clothes ready because I was getting really hot and also a hot cloth ready to help the muscles relax where he was crowning.  ( that helped a lot actually)  I could tell just one or two more contractions and he would be here so we went to the bed in between contractions.  I climbed up on to the bed and got onto all fours.  (I read somewhere that if the baby was sunny-side up being on all fours helps open the birth canal more and the hips to allow more space and helps eliminate shoulder dystocia) I pushed a few times and the head came and few more good strong pushes and his body came.  THey said that He had his arm next to his face so I felt glad that I felt prompted to go onto all fours.  He was my biggest and yet one of the easier of the births. 

3 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Congrats on the new little one! All boys that is how my husband would want it! They are all so adorable

Stoked said...

That first picture is so cute, I love his hair, I have said that with all your babies. They all look so much like you, especially when they smile so big.

Kathy said...

Wow, good research. I'm glad it worked out so well. He's a darling little Ziegler baby.